Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps
Sunday, December 14, 2014
      ( 10:21 PM ) Jessica  
Lately I've been noticing more breakthroughs in what I can hear. The other day when I took my son to work, I thought I heard one of our cats meowing... I asked my son "what's that noise?" and he said "I think birds"..it sounded demanding almost screechy... I'm looking forward to when I can hear birds sing as opposed to screeching.

Today I heard Bean meow... but I think it was amplified because he's not feeling well. The vet says he has asthma... he was acting like maybe something was in his ear or throat. He's calm now. I thought maybe he had a stroke because he wobbles when he walks... But I heard his meow, it sounds different from the others, and yes, quieter than Pepper & her children...we'll take Bean to the vet tomorrow & hopefully she'll be able to do something for him... he's not exactly a young boy, we found him in 2006 and he was full grown then, so we're guessing he's at least 11...

I also heard a couple of warning beeps on my Naida processor & thought to myself  "huh, I wonder if the battery is going dead?" I took it off to see how many lights flashed. None. Boom. I caught it before it went completely dead because I recognized the low battery warning sound!

Also on Friday, I made a phone call with Innocaption & it went well. I wasn't able to understand the person speaking except whenever any numbers were spoken, I got all of them 100%! Baby steps. A 4 month old baby wouldn't understand the meaning of numbers. My theory is that there are only about 10 possible numbers (including zero) that might be in a phone number  (for example) and the patterns of the numbers are different enough that if I know I'm going to hear a number, I'll get it. I may have trouble with 5 and 9 but I've gotten them both right so far.

Anyway, this week I have my AV session and next week I have another mapping session..

Also I've been learning to play a concert sized ukulele.

I've also have been trying out different versions of Blowin in the Wind & listening to different performers (including Bob Dylan) playing it... Bob Dyan sing it in an almost choppier way than I think of the song in my mind. I need to listen to a few more performers, I may have come up with my way of  how the song goes from Peter Paul and Mary... there's one in my book that I think is in the key of C... that one is okay. It starts with G and goes back and forth between G, C and D... the other one starts with C and goes back and forth between C, F and G7. I like the 2nd one best. I use a down down up strumming pattern... I've TRIED doing DDUUDU but I can't get the second half of that correct. I need to isolate that for practice. In the meantime, I'll use DDUDDU for this song.

I've also been terrorizing my family trying to hit singing notes... need to see if I can learn to sing on my own or if I might want to find a teacher. I do occasionally hit a right note when humming to a program I found...but Gary said that most of my notes are flat. I've been trying to hum simple sequences to practice going from one note to another...  I have NO idea what notes they are.

Our cat, Pepper had gone missing about 2 or 3 weeks ago... Friday, seemingly out of the blue, she showed back up! I was very relieved to see her... and she velcro'd herself to me that night...
#




Comments: Post a Comment



Welcome to Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps blog... where I talk about just about anything from projects to just stuff to rants and whatever... I started blogging here on July 31st, 2002 and have been blogging on my website with Movable Type. I do not promise to blog regularly! I will blog when I feel like:

Blogging Without Obligation:

Feel free to leave comments!



Powered by Blogger