Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
      ( 12:14 PM ) Jessica  
It really sucks that Purple did away with their relay. I guess I can understand why they did it, but now I'm having to set up new options so that I can still make calls without asking others for help. (and several others!!)  I sent Sprint the info they need & also, when I get my new phone set up with my old phone number, I'll check out Innocaptions and maybe Clear Captions.

Yesterday was mapping day & I also saw the Audio Verbal therapist. We did some testing to see where I am at & I can see that I need to focus on consonants. I do well with words of different syllable lengths & also with vowels.. but words like box, socks/man, ban, pan, with the same syllable length, same vowels but different consonants are hard. I'm told they are hard for hearing folks as well, especially when there's background noise.

I'll practice listening to the consonants on Angel Sounds and when the Cochlear Implant Daily Rehab on Facebook group works on the consonants, I'll follow along. I also enjoy listening to the word list on Cochlear's Website.

For the new maps, we raised the volume a bit and also added UltraZoom in a slot & also have one slot that has telecoil turned on. She also made some mic changes: one slot has 100% tmic and the other one has 100% headpiece mic. She set these 2 slots up this way so that if the tmic decides to fail, the CI will still work. The last slot has the program that was in slot 3 last time. The neptune is set up with the same program, but one slot is 100% headpiece mic, another is aux only and the other is 50% aux 50% headpiece mic...

SO far it sounds good but I still need to see how music sounds with this map. I don't think we made any big changes to the higher frequencies... maybe a little bit, but the volume is a bit louder.

I also got my hearing aid back on Friday... the place I got it repaired mailed it (and the new ear mold) and it went on a wild ride: first it went to Garland where it was pronounced mis-addressed. Then back to Carrollton and they then sent it to Austin & it got sent back to Carrollton from there. Finally it made its way here.  The hearing aid sounds good, gives me low frequencies & some 3D sound. Nothing sounds clear & I keep it set low for now. I don't know if I will want it much higher or not, we'll see. Since it's not a Phonak hearing aid, I won't be able to use it with any of the gizmos I use for the CI like the audio cable or ComPilot.

Also, I finally got a ukulele. I want to play the DVD that I got so I can learn how to play. I've seen some youtubes on line, one with strumming patterns & I can lipread the guy pretty well. I watched a couple minutes of the DVD and I can tell that I'll be able to follow along.

We got hit by some cold (for Texas/November) weather. It was just cold at first & then Sunday was mixed with drizzle, and later, snow. Since we stayed in Dallas for the weekend, we went to the unicycle group on Sunday afternoon, didn't stay long because of the weather... we went on to have some pizza in Allen, TX. It was pretty good pizza!
#




Comments: Post a Comment



Welcome to Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps blog... where I talk about just about anything from projects to just stuff to rants and whatever... I started blogging here on July 31st, 2002 and have been blogging on my website with Movable Type. I do not promise to blog regularly! I will blog when I feel like:

Blogging Without Obligation:

Feel free to leave comments!



Powered by Blogger